Friday, February 19, 2010

THE OLD GOLDEN BOX

I was sitting in,
My messed up room,
Upturning everything that came in way,
To doom.
I was searching for something,
Oh I forgot,what was that thing.
I kept searching,
Dusk became dawn,
But all I found ,
I had even more messed around.
I just thought of,
Leaving the room going away,
But as i dashed to the door,
I hit something,
And stumbled on floor.
There laid in some distant,
Corner a glittering thing.
I went over and,
Grabbed it closer.
It was an old golden box.
It was a kind of portkey,
Made me apparate in reverie,
I found myself in some Heavenly Place
Every mess around started clearing,
Sweet birds started singing,
Peace around me was beautifully springing,
Lights scattered out of trees happily hanging,
I saw children smiling ,
Those sweet,true,heartmelting smiles.
The bliss of Childhood came alive.
I saw the innocence in their eyes.
Thought upon,what place,
This world would be like,
If everybody had innocence in those Eyes.
A butterfly hopped and,
A flower popped.
I rushed to see the flower,
Oh my God It dropped,
And turned into a golden box.
I held it up,
Alas I apparated back,
To my world.
Much more full of life.
Thought of the stupid thought ,
That made me search all along.
Everything seems worthless,
To what I have now found.
What I searched for I forgot,
And cherished what I have now got,
My old Golden Box ,
Returned my Childhood Bliss.

P.S- This poem was a gift for my childhood frnd ...whom i found jus a day back.

3 comments:

  1. we all just wish to escape somehow into other world... we all need some portkey which transports us... well you have found your portkey girl.... its called "poetry"... :-) !!! transport yourself and transport others... !! it was really nice reading all your poems... reminded me of my past and childhood... !!!!! keep writing and keep commenting on my posts too... see the comments on your other posts... luv ya sis !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written :) well done.. n nice language.. u reminded me of my childhood days.. awesum phase of evrybody`s lyf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for listening ! :)